Monday 8 June 2015

The Broken Hourglass

Happiness - the only thing that can't hide in the dark.


Glass shattered on the floor,
The remains of our time.
Everything was clockwork,
All entirely sublime

Until right now, the end.
"Unexpected," you'd say.
"Have no regrets, be strong."
I hear your voice replay

Even if you're long gone.
And it hurts, but to see
The silent pain you feel
Inflicts much more on me.

It would be so selfish
To ask you to revert
Your choice. I care too much
To add to all your hurt.

One day it won't be raw
But for now I hurt, too.
I keep falling to tears -
Oh, to be friends with you...

But I accept your wish
And would not try to change
Your mind, our time. Guard the
Joy, so real, without range.
 
In my hands lay your strength
To go and find our fate
But now glass is shattered
And sand strewn. I so hate

That our time has ran thin,
Long-lost amongst the sands;
At least I can treasure
One last smile at your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment